Warning regarding the presence of counterfeit versions of Petzl products
Petzl has recently discovered Chinese counterfeit versions of the following products:
These counterfeit products have serious defects that affect their performance and strength. For example:
There is a significant risk that these counterfeit products could open or otherwise fail at low loads and under normal use:
It will be very difficult for you to identify these fakes:
They have been reproduced in a way that makes them very difficult to identify. The following features have been reproduced nearly identically:
- Product markings
- Batch number
- Instructions for use (down to the most minor details)
Only an in-depth analysis allows us to identify these counterfeit products, due to minor differences in the tools used to produce them.
To date, only a few counterfeits have been found on the market, and thus far none in AUSTRALIA or NEW ZEALAND. What can you do?
- Only purchase from an authorized Petzl retailer to be sure that you are purchasing a genuine Petzl product.
- If you have any doubt as to the authenticity of Petzl products, please help us and contact the Petzl authorized distributor Spelean (contact details below).
- For a list of Petzl retailers, please visit: petzl.com.au or petzl.co.nz or visit our support page.
- If the retailer from whom you purchased your equipment is not listed, please contact Spelean via the Contact Menu at the top of this website.
These counterfeit products put users’ lives at risk, Petzl is working hard to stop them from reaching the market.